Call it vision, ideation, imagination, or seeing; photography comes down to the same thing: the ability to envision a final result in your mind's eye, and then to make it so with your tools at hand. It’s never been about the gear. It's always been about seeing something, knowing how you want it to look, and making it so. For this edition of Archcult, we want you to submit entries (Maximum number of entries being limited to three and you must clearly mention which topic you are submitting under) on your interpretation of the following topics:
- A participant can submit only one entry per topic. Hence, a maximum of three photographs per participant.
- Participants sending entries for all three topics will be preferred.
- Students pursuing undergraduate/ postgraduate courses in recognised colleges of India are allowed to participate.
- All photographs must have a caption and each must clearly mention the photograph for the respective caption and its topic in the body of the mail along with the contact details of the participant.
- The EXIF information for the photographs must be intact.
- Minimum resolution of the photos should be 8 Megapixels.
- Photos taken on mobile phone cameras are allowed.
- Participants can post-process their photos using Adobe Lightroom or any other photo editing software. “Mobile filters are not allowed”. Adobe Photoshop is strictly not allowed. Entries found to be ‘Photoshopped’ will be disqualified.
- For post-processed images the originals, in JPEG format should also be submitted.
- Obscenity, portrayal of smoking, alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Only one picture per frame is allowed. Collage or composite of 2 or more pictures in a single frame is not allowed.
- All Photographs must have a caption.
- The participants assure the organizers that they completely own the work submitted.
- The participants agree that any photographs irrespective of their colleges may
be selected and exhibited by the judge/event manager at an appropriate venue.
- Photos taken prior to the release of the brief are eligible.
- All the photographs submitted must be in JPEG format only.
- Photographs must not have any borders, name, personal logos or watermarks.
- Entries should be compressed in zip format (not more than 5MB) and sent with the subject “Adrs’ya 2018_(college name)_(participant name)” to email@example.com no later than 11:59 PM, 25th February, 2018.
- Under any circumstances, photographs once submitted cannot be taken back for
changes or modifications.
- The decision of the judges is final and no discussion or correspondence will be
entertained regarding the same. The judges reserve the right to cancel or vary
the position awarded in case of discrepancies.
- Entries may be disqualified if any of the above criteria are not adhered to.